Wednesday, August 13, 2008

When you lose something priceless...

I lost my ring, the ring that I have owned and worn almost everyday for the past six years. My grandfather gave it to my grandmother before he died and she in turn, gave it to me. It was my most precious possession.

Right now my mom and I are binging on Japanese dramas. Like watching entire seasons (ten episodes each) of random shows that I like: Anego, Kimi wa Petto, Hotaru no Hikari. It is nice to watch heart-touching stories when you feel sad. It is so odd that I can feel my heart ache over this loss more than I have had with any rejection by a guy or any time I have disappointed a teacher/professor.

Even though I am worried that losing the ring is a bad omen, I will instead think of it as an opportunity. It is not really "lost" forever; it is just hiding somewhere waiting to be found again. And if it is not found, then it is a sign of a new start in life.

And furthermore, it is a lesson: never get emotionally attached to any object that is small enough to lose! Better yet, don't be attached to objects at all!

No comments: