Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Georgia the country, not the state

My best friend Kathleen is a Peace Corps volunteer that was stationed in Georgia when Russia invaded. Thankfully she is safe now, in Armenia, but I am still worried for her safety. I hope that she will be sent somewhere safe soon to finish her teaching service.

Watching the news reports has been hard and it is terrible that I am learning more about Georgia through the antagonistic actions of Russia. I am scared for the people that live there, since the Russian tanks are not leaving, even though a cease-fire was declared. I wish that Georgia was part of NATO so that we would have to aid Georgia more aggressively. We are not doing enough.

Fearing for Kathleen, losing my ring, missing my family and Japan, and being scared about starting graduate school in a foreign country has made me a very sad little girl (;_;)

No comments: