Saturday, August 30, 2008

In Touch With My Inner Artist


The camera blurred the lines quite a bit...but I still like it. It is much sharper up close. This is the first drawing I have done in four years!
This is the Kits Beach, which overlooks English Bay and the mountains just outside Vancouver city. Canada is very beautiful.
I sat on the beach and drew this at about 2pm, which apparently is the time when the tide is out. There was a lot of seaweed and some birds were searching around for food. The barges were coming and going, as well as the sailboats. No kayaks at that time. I particularly like looking at the layering color of mountains. I didn't do a great job with that, since I never used watercolors before. The watercolors I used were my grandfather's before he died; I hope to one day say that he has passed his talent on to me. I need much, much more practice.
[And besides my grandfather, Ohno Satoshi is my artistic-inspiration. I want to be half as good of an artist as he is. Yay Riida <3!]

No comments: